Sunday, April 17, 2011

Emily goes to the Zoo!


Before it gets too terribly hot and I get too terribly big and pregnant, we decided to take Emily to the zoo this weekend. We made a quick trip to Tyler to Caldwell Zoo Saturday afternoon for a few fun hours at the zoo. The weather was great. I enjoyed being outside for a little while. Emily liked the zoo. My mom asked me if she loved it to which I said that 'love would be a strong word, she liked it, hopefully loving it will come in a few years.' She liked the birds. I guess because of their noises and bright colors. As for the other animals, it was difficult for me to spot some of them in their zoo habitat, so I'm not even sure if she saw what we were looking at. She rode in her stroller most of the time that we were there because if we got her out, she just tried to run away. Sweet baby she is, trying to run from mommy and daddy! She loves to be outside though, so she was very content. It was a very fun first trip for Miss Emily...we hope to do it again soon and at a time when she will enjoy it even more!



Emily and Daddy time with the penguins. She liked watching them (well really just one, at that time) swim back and forth in front of the window. 

At the monkey exhibit...not sure what kind of monkey this was. You can barely even see it in the picture, but look closely over on the rocks there are two black and white monkeys. Maybe she saw them. Maybe. 

My sweet, happy girl. 


She stood there forever looking at the flamingos. They were our first exhibit and our last, since they are right at the entrance. She liked this part alot. Funny birds-those flamingos. Pretty interesting to watch, even for me. Some things never change I guess. 

Leaving the zoo, eating a snack of animal crackers. Coincidence? Perhaps.

We finished up our afternoon in Tyler with a trip to Target (gotta go to Target when available) and some good Mexican food at Mercados. Fun stuff. We are thankful for a fun day with our fun little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment