Tuesday, May 25, 2010


Isaiah 40:10-11, 28-31 "See the Sovereign Lord comes with power, and his arm rules for him. See, his reward is with him, and his recompense accompanies him. He tends his flock like a shepherd; he gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young...Have you not heard? The Lord is the Everlasting God, the creator of all the Earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and power to the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will find new strength. They will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not become faint."

How Great is our God. I am feeling especially aware of His presence and His blessings in my life. I am so thankful that we serve a God who loves and cares for us supremely, so much more than we can fathom. Last week, family discussion involved the greatness of God and the abilities of God. It is pretty amazing to think about His capabilities. They are endless and something that we will never fully grasp or comprehend. Psalm 139 reminds me of that. Who are we to limit a sovereign God. J and I were talking about the meaning of 'sovereign' the other night. It is used commonly in talk but I guess both of us needed to be reminded of what it really means.
Sovereign: one that exercises supreme, permanent authority
I think it is important to remember too that God's sovereignty also reflects his independence of us. God is all powerful, all knowing, and all present. Who are we to limit God's power or expression.
Just a few of the biggest blessings in my life right now are: My wonderful, caring, hard working husband Jeffery. I am thankful everyday for the husband he is to me and the leader he is to our family. My sweet baby Emily. She is healthy, happy, and growing and changing everyday. She is such a sweet girl and a true blessing and wonderful addition to our family. My family (Crabb, Copeland and Lawrence, McKellar) and each person who has influenced, encouraged, and loved us and does all these things on a daily basis. Our Church family and opportunities for growth therein. The gift of being a mother and the challenges and rewards that gives me everyday.
God is good. I hope that you will reflect on his sovereign nature and the Good he has placed in your life. Praise him in the good and in the bad.



1 comment:

  1. I just love her facial features! She is SO beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete