Monday, February 1, 2010

February 10, 2010

Another good check up today with good news. I am 39 weeks now and starting to make a little progress on my own but Dr. Moore still doesn't expect that she will come in the next 3 or 4 days anyway. So, we will be hanging in there and waiting to see what happens on Wednesday, 2-10-10 which is my original due date anyway. We would love to meet her sooner, and maybe we will, but I trust that she will come when she is good and ready. I am thankful for good news and pretty amazed that if not less, I only have 8 more days until due date. It has been a great pregnancy overall. Not that I have any other to compare it to but I feel blessed and fortunate to have had a good 9 months. As I look back now, it did go by pretty quickly. Of course, it came with its ups and downs, discomforts, aches and pains, but for the most part, it has been and is a joyous time. I look so forward to holding her and seeing her sweet little face but I do think I will miss the feelings of her squirming around inside me. This part has been the most remarkable and enjoyable. Pregnancy is truly a miracle and definitely one of God's greatest designs in my opinion. How honored and blessed I feel to be a part of His bigger picture!
So start/continue praying for us please. Pray that the next few days will be restful for me and J as we get ready for life-changing (for the better) times very soon ahead. Pray that Emily will arrive healthy and happy. Pray that I will be healthy throughout labor and delivery. Most of all, pray that God will be glorified throughout this joyful time in our lives. Thank you for sharing this time with us.
In the meantime, in my waiting time I have been cooking alot. J and I both love to cook and since I probably won't feel much like whipping out a big meal real soon after baby comes, I'm taking advantage of my time at home and getting it done! J helped pick the menus for the week...he is always good at that! :) Tonight we had Chicken Pot Pies for supper. I have made them once before from a different recipe. This recipe was very lengthy and time consuming but we both agreed (especially J) that it was worth it. He took progressive pictures for a visual of tonight's meal! I made a Pound Cake served with fresh whipped cream and blueberries for dessert. J says he can't wait to eat pound cake for breakfast tomorrow! Hey-whatever makes him happy!


Before...
During...
After...
'Million-Dollar Pound Cake'

Stay tuned for news about our baby girl! I will keep you posted. Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Leah.. this is soooo exciting!!!! I am praying for you guys.. love you very much!

    ReplyDelete