Sunday, January 24, 2010

all things baby...



This week was my last week at work. Monday officially starts my maternity leave. Yes I know I still have a couple weeks til due date, but I am happy to begin my leave and have some time to continue to get ready for Emily. My friends at work hosted a very nice baby shower Wednesday for me. I got lots of great things. It was kind and much appreciated.


The 'Religious Bear' I got from one of
the other nurses I work with.
She was so excited about giving it to me!
It sings all 4 verses! We love it! :)
Yummy cake at the shower with Emily's sweet name on it!

Emily's room is finally done (for the most part!). We bought her crib quite a while back and for a while weren't really sure what we were going to use as a changing table. So my dad built one for us and made it look pretty darn close to the bed. I also had a rocking chair that my dad made for me too several years ago recovered in a new fabric. It turned out great. We have been blessed by so many people giving us clothes, diapers, baby gear, etc. We are pretty much set. Now we just need baby! We know that she will come when she is ready though!

This dresser setup was in my mother's room
growing up...adds a nice touch!

Pictures of our moms hang over
the rocking chair...

Proverbs 22:6 'Train up a child in the way she should go, so that when she is old, she will not depart from it."

This verse has been on my heart for much of this time carrying Emily. I am excited about the opportunity and the challenge of being her mother. I am excited about telling her about Jesus and His great love for her and for His people. I am excited about modeling a Godly example of a 'Christian' family as Jeffery and I learn this parenting task. So that, as the verse says, she will not depart from it when she grows up. And I know that time will come sooner than I can even imagine. Please pray for us, pray for me in these last few days before she arrives, pray for Jeffery as he remains so busy but continues to be excited and more ready everyday to become her dad. And most of all, pray for our little girl, that she will be healthy and happy and see and know that she is loved from the minute she is born.
God is good, we praise Him for the good things in our lives. Have a wonderful week.

1 comment:

  1. Love the singing bear!! And...Kim and I do look pretty darn cute on the wall!! :)

    ReplyDelete