Sunday, November 22, 2009

We Give Thanks...

We give You thanks, and praise Your glorious name. 1 Chronicles 29:13

This Thanksgiving season in particular, I feel very thankful. Thankful for the blessing growing in me and the joys that will come with motherhood in just a short time (less than 80 days now). Thankful for the wonderful family that we have and for the ways that we are challenged and blessed by them daily. Thankful for my wonderful husband, for his constant support and love for me, and for his excitement about becoming a dad. Thankful for our church and the opportunities that we have to serve. Thankful for new friends. Thankful for the reason we celebrate these holidays...Jesus, and His wonderful love for us, even as undeserving as we are. 

We have a fun-filled full week ahead. My sister will be in tomorrow...for the whole week!!! I am super excited about that. My brother and brother-in-law will be in Wednesday. We will all 7 be together Thursday for a great Thanksgiving day. It will be smaller than usual, but I am looking forward to it. We will be doing lots of baking and cooking this week. Our Sunday School class is hosting a 'bake sale' to raise funds for some needy families in the area. It is Tuesday at Herschel's Restaurant if you have time to stop by and support. We have been working on our baked goodies already! 

I remember back around weeks 15-16ish of this pregnancy thinking it was creeping by and February would never get here. Well, now I look back and I really am surprised at how quick time has gone by. I will be 29 weeks on Tuesday...wow. I am definitely growing, seems like by the day, and I feel very pregnant! I feel good though, no complaints. I haven't swollen (yet anyway), haven't had anymore nausea, haven't had high blood pressure, or any of the other bad symptoms of pregnancy. Now, who knows what could come, but I feel very blessed and good at the present. God is good, His love and grace amazes me...

If I don't post again before the big T-Day...Happy Thanksgiving to You and yours. May you really take time to consider all the ways you are blessed and all the things you have to be thankful for. And mostly, I hope and pray that you will experience the love and comfort throughout this holiday season of our great and mighty God. He is the creator of all, He is the sustainer of all, He is the Redeemer God.


No comments:

Post a Comment